Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Day of the Beast

Despite it being a blazing bright day yesterday I was in a hideous grump. The Vet tried his best but could not drag me out of it. He went as far as encouraging me to bid on the beautiful chunk of gold loveliness being auctioned in the link below.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1979-PORSCHE-911-SC-BRONZE_W0QQitemZ4644918449QQcategoryZ9860QQss
PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It was even built in the same year as me . I know it isn’t white, like what it is in my dreams, but will you look at it. Don’t look too hard though as looking at gorgeous things you want but can’t have makes your eyes bleed. Sigh.

The main reason for my dark mood yesterday (other than extreme tiredness having woken up at 4.18am unable to get back to sleep) was that today, 06/06/06, the day of the beast, was also the day of a big meeting with my PhD supervisors. But it was actually pretty positive and lots of nice things were said :-). So currently I have a big smile on my little face. The day of the beast is generally treating me very well so far. I think the beast must like me.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The woman lurking back-stage of the coveted automobile looks properly pissed off to be selling it...! x

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hhhmmmm...my anonymity wasn't intentional...will try another button...tis me. Loving your blog.

8:16 AM  
Blogger karen said...

Hello me! Yeah I know! Thinking she didn't realise she was in shot or would have picked a better face. Tho I'd be pissed off to be selling it too. Sigh. Thanks for comments, been a bit slack last few days but will try to update later today xxxxx

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it was built the same year as you it's FAR too old!!

1:47 PM  
Blogger karen said...

oh ha ha. me and the porsche just get better with age. like cheese.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home