Thursday, June 08, 2006

Baby you can drive my car...

...providing you stump up half the cash.

Well this is interesting. The auction for the prettiest Porsche in town ended today at £5800 – the reserve was not met. Which means it is not been sold yet! Eeeeee!

Stu’s fab dad came to stay on Tuesday night. He always plies us with plenty of alcohol and I always end up talking way more bollocks than I should. Tuesday was no exception. We had an ace night, Pizza Express (bottle of wine), followed by The Albion (another bottle of wine), then home to drink yet more wine by candlelight on the balcony (I love my balcony I do). At some point we came to an agreement which involves me buying a 911 in the next 5 months. The logic is hazy but the argument goes something like…

Stu’s dad: Go on, buy that gold beast off e-bay

Me: I can’t. I’ve got no money and the next 5 months are going to be such a nightmare the last thing I want to do is fanny around buying and selling cars that are going to cost me a fortune in insurance and maintenance, never mind the fact I’ve nowhere to keep it.

Stu’s dad: If you don’t do it now you’ll never do it and when you get stressed with work, think how nice it will be if you can take the Porsche out for a spin of an evening, seeing that whale tail in the rear view mirror as you jet off over the suspension bridge.

Me: My god you are SO right! But I still haven’t got any money.

Stu: I’ll go halves with you if I can drive it too

Me: Ace! Ok! (thinking, I should get shit-faced more often, these decisions are SO much simpler)

So then we all shook hands and that was that. So now I’m duty bound. My hands are tied, what can I do?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would anyone want a classic porsche when you can buy a new Punto GRANDE in ferrari red for the same price. unbelieveable. Vrooom Vrooom.

9:01 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Call yourself one eighth italian? I think you'll find it's grande punto. You pizza-loving knobhead.

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stu's dad says things that are remarkably similar to Stu!I tend to agree with the Italian who ever they may be!!

1:43 PM  
Blogger karen said...

what-ever. do you have no eyes either of you?

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its NOBHEAD. Not knobhead. Why would I have a door knob on my head??

5:36 PM  
Blogger karen said...

it's knobhead u knobhead. try buying an italian-english dictionary.

5:48 PM  
Blogger karen said...

actually looks like u really need that dictionary, what's an eihgth?

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home