Thursday, June 22, 2006

Face Monsters Suck

Thanks to a sudden and vicious flare-up of rosacea (aka face monster) I currently look like the singing detective. The vet has fashioned a paper bag for me, complete with eye holes. It's actually quite effective and it's no plain ordinary paper bag but a posh one from a posh deli. All those years of vet training are being put to very good use.

A few things have cheered me though. Firstly, there's always someone worse off (not cheered me as such but made me mindful of moaning quite so loudly about looking like the elephant man), secondly the fact that out of pity for such a hideous creature as myself gem gems bought me a t-shirt and a pair of pants! And also the news that a great big Banksy has appeared on Park Street. Which is weird because the lovely little Anna took me to see a really good one round the corner from her in London on Monday (which is really good but some moron has graffitied it! can you deface a defacement? is defacement a word?) and I was saying there hadn't been any big ones round near me for ages. Perhaps he heard me. Perhaps Anna is Banksy...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/5103306.stm

But the best news of all has to be that yesterday was the solstice, the longest day, which means the nights will start drawing in, which means its nearly christmas!!!!!!! Wooohoooo!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is that? surely not a crimbo fairy...it's petrifying - look at its sneering mouth. reminds me of someone horrific - possibly a hideous wife swap loon. she needs her stomach stapled. (and a paper bag with eye-holes).

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and yes, i am banksy.

10:35 AM  
Blogger karen said...

anna: hehehe! yes, yes it is a crimbo fairy. it happens to be one of my favourite christmas decorations thank you very much.

banksy: i knew it! i always wondered what you used that balaclava for...

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent two years studying plastic bag anatomy so it was nice to put it into practice with a plasticbagotomy.

7:54 PM  
Blogger karen said...

A rookie vet mistake - twas a PAPER bag not a plastic bag. You're not trying to kill me! But yes, you did a good paperbagotomy.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home