Sunday, August 20, 2006

Weekend

As a change from my usual busy go-getter lifestyle I have done nothing but slob around this weekend. The vet came round to take Stu off to the pub - the vet has started going to a pub just round the corner from us that we've never really considered going to because it's no bigger than our lounge and therefore a little scary. But he reckons it's worth going just to see the one-armed barmaid pull a pint so that sold it and off they went. I did not go to the pub. The vet dropped 'Teachers' series 2 round on DVD for me so I was all set. Other DVDs I have watched this weekend include 'LA Story' and 'Big Blue' which is the Luc Besson film about a free diver, not to be confused with 'Deep Blue Sea' the film about genetically modified killer sharks (also a wonderful film).

Stu got back from the pub and decided to re-organise all his CDs, and all our books, and all his audio and computer bits and pieces. Hard work never killed anyone and it certainly won't get me, so I just watched more 'Teachers'. Also this weekend I did a little bit of school work, but not so as you'd notice, and played on YouTube where I found this which reminded me of the Weakerthans' video for 'Our Retired Explorer (Dines with Michel Foucault in Paris, 1961)' which you can watch here at Will's blog. Behold, The Automatic 'Monster'...

6 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

That's a fun song, and I can certainly see the resemblance to the Weakerthans' video. Best muttonchops in a music vid. Ever!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Posting music videos is the best!

12:37 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Sometimes it's nice to just lounge around for a weekend. There are always movies and tv shows to catch up on.

12:38 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Isn't YouTube the greatest? Although it can be a little bit of a black abyss ;)
I lounged around yesterday, so nice. Comedy DVD's and reading, nothing better.

1:18 AM  
Blogger karen said...

I only know this song Ben but if you say they're good I'll keep my ears pricked for more.

Hehehehe! Muttonchops! Hehehehe! It is a fun song, my sister had been going on about it for ages and I hadn't really paid much attention until I saw the vid! A dancing Sasquatch Barbara!!

I know Will it truly is! Think I'll stop for a bit now though otherwise my life will just start to consist of one YouTube clip after another. And you're SO right about lounging, I had many an important TV show to catch up on.

Abyss is right Allison! It's frightening :{

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that pub the one you have to go up some stairs from the street?
Portcullis or something - its really tiny. Sure I went there on a pub crawl a while ago.

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home