Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Night Glow!!!!

As promised enough pictures of balloons to make your eyes bleed. On Thursday night (I know I know I'm such a slacker) we went to the Balloon Fiesta Night Glow!!! It was absolutely spectacular - all the balloons were grounded and then slowly inflated and fired up in time to music...

Hmm, what shall I take pictures of? Balloons, balloons or balloons?


Dark and dead balloons...


Slowly inflating balloons...


Night Glow!!!!














Thoroughly happy with my first night glow AND rare photo of Stu smiling. Well, grinning...


When we got home we trudged up to the camera obscura up by the bridge. The bridge was closed to traffic for the fiesta so Stu managed to get this ace pic...



But it's not over yet, oh no. If you can believe it there are yet more balloon pics to come...

14 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

Kees - I've been over that bridge today! What a coincidence.

Cool pics

5:39 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Oh, I like the night glow one (first in line)very nice. And cute picture of you and Stu!

6:00 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Noooooooo! Ben I live right by that bridge!!! I can see it from my flat!! I've been in all day you could have popped in for coffee! How many more exclamation marks can I fit in this comment!!!!!

Why thank you Allison that was one of mine I believe. I like you new pic BTW :)

7:07 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

What fabulous shots! And Stu should smile more often - it suits him. You too look adorable together.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

guess who cannot spell?

9:52 PM  
Blogger Will said...

I just read your comments on our blog about Squeeze.

If you're ever interested maybe we could have a Squeeze celebration day.

Perhaps a joint post on our blogs. You pick your 3 fave Squeeze songs and I pick mine.

Something to think about maybe? Although if you're busy I totally understand.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Will said...

I was going to Cardiff BTW

8:45 AM  
Blogger karen said...

Hehehe! Aw thanks Barbara - I should point out that Stu did in fact take most of those pics I feel I am taking unfair credit

Squeeze celebration day sounds ace! That would be cool, I'm up for doing a joint post. 3 favourite songs might take a while to think about tho...

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of those balloons has an uncanny resemblance to Stu's head. The technology these days eh.

4:24 PM  
Blogger karen said...

I think they're called 'special shapes' vet :D

7:24 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

The night glow ones are amazing wow! I really love those! The pic of you and Stu is great. I'm glad you posted it, as it's the first one I've seen of both of you :) So cute!

4:41 AM  
Blogger karen said...

Thanks mellowlee! We never seem to take many pics of us, not sure why :)

2:58 PM  
Blogger Will said...

More phenomenal photos. They look real cool in the moonlight.

9:20 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Why thank you Will.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home