Monday, August 07, 2006

Party Party Party

Stu and I went down Devon way for a party party party at the weekend. It was at his friend's house in the utter middle of nowhere. He'd arranged for us to stay on a farm which was frankly a little alarming. We were greeted by a couple of mental-looking hounds, one of which had its head permanently tilted to one side and went round filling its mouth with rocks, swirling them round, then spitting them out. Nutter. We were shown to our room and we asked about keys - she just grinned and said we don't use keys round here. Eeks.

Being a Westcountry girl Devon brought out the absolute worst in my Westcountry accent, at one point I actually said " 'ark at they crickets". Such a bumpkin.

The party was really good, one the blokes has a micro-brewery and had brought along 10 gallons of beer. God it was amazing, really fruity and hoppy. Nicest beer I've ever had. And being in the middle of nowhere the music was up good and loud all night. AND they had swing ball!!! I know how to party.

Down on the farm...

6 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I cannot believe you didn't just steal that photo from a travelogue. What a beautiful spot. I would be there still if I were you, wrestling the retarded dog for the last of the beer.

8:01 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

teehee! Maybe the dog has had one too many of those beers. The photo looks great.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Hey Kees ... thanks for checking out the N&UR. I've been away for the past few days, but it's nice to see your blog and I'll be visiting here rather frequently.

2:08 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

I agree with Barbara, looked gorgeous. Sounds like you had a blast, and that beer, well that sounded excellent!!

3:45 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Ooh Arrr, youw bumpkin!!! Pics of mad dogs are needed here!
Glad you both had a good time - mmm beeer :]

10:21 AM  
Blogger karen said...

Actually Barbara I nearly didn't put the pic up cos it really doesn't do it justice - it was a GORGEOUS area. And I did drink the very last of the beer so no wrestling required (and he'd have won by spitting rocks at me)

Hi Mellowlee! If only that were true it wouldn't have been quite so terrifying :{

Hey thanks Will! N&UR is great - my music purchasing has rocketed recently and I think will possibly be my financial ruin.

We did have a blast Allison and the beer was perfect :)

No pics of the lunatic dog I'm afraid Dogga - he'd have bitten my hand off if I'd gone for my camera. mmmm beer is right! You'd have loved it - there is talk of some kind of syndicate for a 70-odd gallon mini-brewery!!!

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home