Thursday, August 03, 2006

The F Word

I thoroughly enjoyed my night of crappy tv watching and fell asleep wrapped up in one of the minks (they're not real minks they're very furry throws from Woolworths) somewhere in the middle of Big Brother. One of the highlights was The F Word. Sigh. Gordon you can come round to my kitchen and shout at me any time you like my darling.



Giles Coren had discovered Pimp My Snack. To pimp a snack it must first be deconstructed then recreated monster size. Thus...

Oreo


Rolo


Custard Cream


How totally brilliant! The deconstruction is the tricky bit because the snack should be made of the same stuff as the original - you can't just go making a big cake that looks like a snack. I'm amazed people can be bothered. So Giles set about making a giant Jaffa cake. Gordon said it was fucking disgusting which made me giggle. I'm so pathetic.

It's actually pretty relevant that I should be posting about the F Word as I'm in the process of trying to give it up. As in, giving up the actual F word in conversation. Like the delectable Gordon I use it far too much and I'm trying to stop. So a swear box has been started at 20p a time. Today's total is 60p which is great except I've been working from home and have barely spoken to a soul all day. In fact the balance reached 60p during one telephone conversation with the vet. Fucking terrible.

6 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Phwoar... A fresh comments section to DESTYROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY!!!!

Haha, those biccies are ace. I particularly liked Bertie’s Massive Ring, but because of the title rather than the oversized allsort. ;]

And stop foooookin swearing, you foookin tart, for foook sake!!! LOL

10:46 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I can't believe people can be bothered making those giant snacks! They look good though.

I'm addicted to the US verison of Big Brother, sadly. Although I really haven't watched this season. I've seen a couple clips onine of the UK one...those cats are crazy!! ;)

2:16 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I love swearing. And fuck is SUCH a useful word. DO reconsider.

Those snacks do look pretty fucking good though.

3:18 AM  
Blogger karen said...

You destructive little force Dogga! Yeah Bertie's Massive Ring rules, snigger snigger :)

Allison I adore BB too, but I have to say this year is pretty dull at the moment. All the proper crazies are gone which is always a shame.

Fuck is a GREAT word Barbara but I just keep using it in normal conversations, every other word. It's only when I talk to certain people, my sis, my mum, stu, the vet...not sure what that says about them!!! It's not banned completely but must be used appropriately and not, for example, calling the milk a fucker just because I can't get the lid off. Bollocks is still my fav and is totally ok to use freely :D

7:06 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I got rid of the F word and I don't miss it. I can use french swears if I must. It fills in the gap nicely.
Those snacks can not be worth the calories...
It just makes the guilt and the backside bigger...

1:15 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

Holy mackrel! LMAO Thanks for this link to Pimp my snack. We went through half of the site already laughing. So cool!

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home