Monday, August 28, 2006

When Bloggers Meet...

Our friends Andrew and Mandy very kindly invited us to go and stay with them for the weekend. There has been a bit of a spate of bloggers meeting up recently so I took the opportunity to meet up with Dogga who lives near them...

Dogga and Kees


Ok so I'm cheating slightly, what with Dogga being Mandy's brother who I've actually known for quite some time (it was he who got me blogging in the first place).

So it was a good houseful, Me, Stu, Dogga, Andy, Mandy and their kids Luke and Amy. We had such a good time. We had fondue!!! I've never had fondue before so that was a first, it was LUSH. Then we had champagne under the stars in the pool which beeeooootiful. We can't see any stars in Bristol, too much light pollution.

Then we played Singstar (a little tipsy by this point) which is like competitive karaoke - the computer scores you on your tunefulness!! It's BRILLIANT. This looks to be Mr Tom Jones singing his little heart out...



I should also point out that most of these pics were quite shamelessly stolen from Dogga's Blog. Actually I could have saved my energy and directed you over there for the entire post.

Andy and Stu


Dogga and Kees


We were clearly taking the whole thing very seriously but despite our best efforts I think one of the kids won overall. Pesky kids spoiling our fun.

One of the top Singstar tunes, completely murdered by me, sung here properly...


Upload music at Bolt.

17 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

That looks like sooo much fun. Although I've eaten far too much fondue in my day for my own good, I've have never karaoked. But I would love to try it.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Looks like you had a blast! "Competitive karaoke"...interesting, I've never heard of the program before, but it sounds like fun. I've also never had fondue, suppose I'm out of the loop ;P

7:21 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

Right ON!!!!! Excellent pictures, looks like you had a great time! That game sounds like a lot of fun! I would like to try that all brandied up some time.

6:37 AM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

I absolutely LOVE the Jet song btw :)

6:39 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

What great pictures... LOL!
Our cow torches ROCK, as did our karaoke *snigger*
Fondue ROOLZ yeah. xxx

9:59 AM  
Blogger karen said...

Barbara Singstar is so much better than plain old karaoke, get yourself a play station quick!

Allison it's GREAT, it's really addictive..as is fondue!

All brandied up is the best way to play mellowlee, and yeah I LOVE that song :D

Hehehe! Yes excellent pics Dogga! We rock!!! xxx

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi kees i think that was maybe me that won singstar?! ;-)

3:08 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Kees - I've had a fondue set for about 15 years and I've still never fondue in my life. You're one step ahead girl.

I bet you did a great job of the song, and I'd have loved to have had a go. It looked like fun.

4:13 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Hi Amy!!! You won last time too!! No fair :( You wait, I'm going to practice practice practice then I'll give you a run for your money young lady :D

Hehehe! That's so funny Ben, 15 years!!! Do it, fondue some stuff. Next time we'll invite you along...tho something tells me you're probably a pretty good singer...

9:21 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Sadly I have not gotten to meet any of my fellow blog friends. Karaoke is a blast and I just have not gotten to do it in a long time. If it were competitive I can't imagine that I would be very successful, yet if I found my inner Johnny Rotten - I might stand a fighting chance.

BTW - I've got a link to your page in the sidebar. Thanks so much for linking to mine.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Kees you remind me of that girl on the british program about that dead guy... you know the one?

2:51 AM  
Blogger karen said...

I think we could all benefit from finding our inner Johnny Rotten Will. And thanks for the link!!

Er, no! British program about the dead guy Barbara...I have no idea! Is it good? More info required I think :)

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shamelessly using the computer in my clinic....wasting nhs resources.......KAREN WE HAVE TO GET THAT KARAOKE GAME....AS IT'S NEARLY XMAS AND ALL THAT....MISS YOU LOTS, SEE YOU NEXT WEEK....I BEEN PAID!!! WOOOOO

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

karen you are so out of touch with popular culture....it's the one with jennifer love hewitt..the one with an ample bosom....ghost whisperer i believe...apologies on behalf of my sister, she doesn't get out much

3:15 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Well I certainly don't have an ample bosom. And that's not British so it can't be that. And yes we WILL have to get the karaoke game - you would love it. Miss you too chick pea xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bring it on ;) lol xx

7:53 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

No the british one... About the guy who gets killed by Death himself (by accident) and he walks around dead but alive and he has to follow certain rules like he can't have sex... What the heck is that show called? There is a blond room mate that looks like you kees...

2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home