Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Are you hanging up your stocking on the wall...

Can there be few sights more exciting than this?



No. I don't think there can be. It was like a mirage before my sweaty eyeballs (even my eyeballs are sweating in this god-awful heat).

Also yesterday Stu and I discovered we have a new favourite coffee shop. For no other reason than the ceiling looks like this...



Actually there is quite a significant other reason...they sell baked vanilla cheesecake. The best of all the cheesecakes. Nowhere else in the vicinity sells anything other than creepy rubber-based cheesecake. I haven't actually tried it yet but I reckon anywhere with such great decor must know a thing or two about cheesecake. It's all very exciting.

7 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Up to 40 guests! How can you possibly resist?

NOw that posh disco ball ceiling cheesecake heaven, that's what we all need a little of right now.

3:09 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

That ceiling was great, I'd go just for that, without cheesecake. Wait, no...cheesecake a must ;) I wish there was a coffee shop like that near me.

3:15 AM  
Blogger karen said...

Barbara: I know! And time is short, the festive season will soon be upon us so I guess I should start planning now...

Allison: The whole place is great, I'll try and get more pics cos it gets better - pink chandeliers, gem encrusted lamp shades...LUSH

2:37 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

X-mas already!!!! :[
I do want a qaudrant quencher though; whatever that is.
I had sweaty ears after circuit training today, but sweaty eyeballs, pfff, you win.
Hey, how do you eat so much cheesecake and stay so small?

2:51 PM  
Blogger karen said...

X-mas already!!!!! :D
I'm not too sure what a quadrant quencher is but they're 'coming soon' so once they're here I'll let you know :)
I don't go circuit training that's for sure. Jeez louise in this heat?

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well sorry to piss over everyone's fireworks, but karen and i visited said coffee shop yesterday and were served by the weirdest most shifty looking characters ever. Don't get me wrong, the decor is lovely, but everyone that served us looked at us like we'd ordered dead babies on toast with a side of kitten flavoured crisps. WEIRD.

10:21 AM  
Blogger karen said...

It's true. Sigh. And I most definitely asked for bunny flavoured crisps.

I am prepared to give them another chance. The waitress did appear to actually want to pick a fight with us. But it was so irrational it was funny. Still haven't sampled the cheesecake but if it's good she can throw actual punches if she likes.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home