Sunday, July 02, 2006

Ever Fallen In Love

This dress stopped me in my tracks and I fell in love. I now own it in chocolate brown. How much it cost me is on a need-to-know basis.



I got the brown because they didn't have a yellow in my size. BUT this very one here in the window IS my size, and now my name is in the little book called 'things in the window that customers want'. SO, I can change the brown one for the one in the window in about 2 weeks time.



Questions...

(to those in the know) Is it worth what I paid for it?
Should I just take it right back and get my money back?
Is it suitable for Gem Gem's graduation?
Should I change the brown for the yellow?

Factors to consider...

The brown goes with more including my brown leather knee-high boots (and therefore a dress for all seasons), my little gold ballet-type shoes, my tan flip-flop things, my pink bejewelled tortoise shoes (pictured below as a special treat for those who've never had the good fortune to see such amazing shoes).



More factors...

The yellow is more summery and therefore more suitable for a summer graduation.
Stu thinks the yellow looks like I should be saying 'more coffee?' with a big beehive hairdo and a pencil behind my ear.
Not sure I have shoes to go with the yellow.

Help.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the dress I think probably I would say the brown one is more useful also fits in better with my colour scheme. As you know colours are important to me! What sort of brown is it mocha dark light or what? The fact that you have shoes to go with it is another factor in it's favour.

6:46 PM  
Blogger karen said...

chocolate brown, mocha i suppose if u want to be that specific. thanks for the info - always try to fit in with ur colour scheme mum! still don't know if it's too much tho xx

7:59 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Oh, for the love of pizza, it's just a dress!
You don't see me making such a fuss over a dress now do you? :)

You'll look hot either way or colour or latte or whatever it is you're discussing!

Did it cost more than your sportife? ;]

11:49 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Hehehehe! Good grief dogga, not JUST a dress, the most expensive dress I've ever bought!

No, it did not cost more than the sportife. It's not THAT expensive :)

LOL @ 'for the love of pizza' :)

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a dilemma...I'm torn. I would say that, actually, most of the footwear you've listed should also go rather fabulously with the yellow...? Maybe not the be-turtled pink ones, but surely the brown boots and gold ones? Tis indeed more summery but there is your yellowy complexion to consider - does it clash or complement?!

Having said all that, I do generally prefer brown to yellow when it comes to garments - does tend to go with more stuff - and surely matches your lovely peepers? Do the pretty details show up as well in the brown as on the yellow?

Certainly graduation-suitable I would say. The price tag is altogether irrelevant as you're clearly beyond the point of no return.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

7:58 AM  
Blogger karen said...

Morning little one - thanks for comments, all very good points as ever.

Well, I think the yellow complements but I was on my own when I tried it on so had no second opinion.

I'm not past the point of no return! They've got new full refund policy thing going on. It's not too late :{

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant emotionally past the point of no return...!

I think you want the yellow one.

9:10 AM  
Blogger karen said...

yes it is possible that is indeed the case. eek. oh well, as mum says 'ditch the guilt'
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

9:39 AM  
Blogger Hil said...

Keep 'em both, who needs money? Although don't wear the yellow one with the marvellous tortoise shoes or you will look like battenburg.

ps Which shop?

pps it feels a bit creepy reading your blog when I haven't emailed or spoken to you for a while - is it creepy? I can't decide.

10:58 AM  
Blogger karen said...

Hooray! Knew I could count on you for sensible advice hilbo. And now I completely understand about the jacket. I can't even say the price out loud.

And if I am going to look like a battenburg I definitely want the yellow one. I heart battenburg.

I guess it depends what your motives are but no, not creepy. That's the whole idea. Provided you don't start stalking me. Actually combined with the Michael Gambon crush maybe slightly creepy.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home