Wednesday, July 26, 2006

She's Leaving Home

Wednesday morning at five o'clock as the day begins
Silently closing her bedroom door
Leaving the note that she hoped would say more
She goes downstairs to the kitchen clutching her hankerchief
Quietly turning the backdoor key
Stepping outside she is free.
She (We gave her most of our lives)
is leaving (Sacrificed most of our lives)
home (We gave her everything money could buy)

Sigh. Today is the day Gem Gems leaves to go save childrens lives in deepest Somerset. I'm not too happy about this and just to cheer me up she MSNed me the above lyrics this morning. Sob. But I musn't be selfish and I must think of the children. The children of Yeovil need her. Missing you already chick pea :(

3 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Oh how sad when friends leave! I hope the children allow lots of visitations - the greedy little beggars.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sisters by chance, friends by choice. That's me and karen. Didn't mean to upset you with my maudlin lyrics, but i was slightly sad myself. Boooooooo. But you're right, I'll soon be up to my eyeballs in saving lives so life goes on. I'm boredddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.

5:09 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Holy fucking shit gemma that's what I was gonna say! One mind I tell you.

Tis true barbara, lucky for me gemma is my sister and as such has a genetic obligation to visit. Those greedy sick kids won't get a look in :)

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home