Saturday, November 04, 2006

Chuck Elliot

Chuck Elliot has an exhibition coming up in Bristol. Never heard of the bloke, but I read about him in 'The Bristol Magazine' and he's got a little beard and makes these beautiful things...





The magazine said "Chuck Elliott’s practice is concerned with the investigation of colour, movement and light. Entirely computer generated, free form shapes are cropped, re-coloured and enhanced as if editing in a camera view...These metallic Lambda prints afford a far higher dynamic range of colour than has previously been available to the artist through more traditional printing techniques".

I've no idea what that means but I like it. Ain't they pretty?

7 Comments:

Blogger mellowlee said...

I love them! For some reason it reminds me of being a little kid eating neopolitan icecream. The last one is my favorite.

1:48 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

They are really pretty. I thought of Charlie and the Chocolate factory when I saw them.
And he has a bread. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.

3:39 AM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

I would love to go to that show too! Hey, wouldn't those patterns make awesome tshirts? I would imagine them as that nice soft cotton with long sleeves. It's funny that Allison and I both thought of candy/sweets. :D

4:38 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I love these too! I saw the inside of a paint can in the first one, homemade fettucine in the second, and a record album in the third.

I would love these on my wall.

5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, they are beautiful, at first I thought they were glass or ceramic! Cool, wish I could see the exhibition.

8:27 AM  
Blogger karen said...

I know what you mean about the candy thing Mel- there's one in the magazine which I can't find on t'internet that really reminds me of tubby tin and the munching moon. I feel like my parents are the only ones who will know what that means.

Yeah I'm definitely gonna try and go Allison, if I do I'll take plenty of pics for you :)

That's my worry Barb, I can see me spending my life savings and actually having one on my wall :{ Homemade fettucine! Brilliant!

I'm sure there are some up round your neck of the woods River - if you google him a few galleries come up.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

That is superb! The angles and definition is great. I big picture of one on canvas would look great in my lounge :]

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home