Saturday, November 04, 2006

You're Beautiful

Well I'm at little mum's, spending the weekend with the old goat and her dicky ticker, and not doing very much at all. Which is blissful.

Have been meaning to post about this for a few days now. Everyone's favourite posh whinging warbler has been in the news TWICE this past week. Yes, James Blunt has finished VERY highly in a poll asking what people in the UK find most annoying. This story explains that...

"Singer James Blunt is more irritating than traffic wardens, noisy neighbours and estate agents, according to a poll ranking the UK's most annoying things"

People either love young James (I'm not sure which people but there must be some) or hate him. Much like Marmite. And so you can imagine my joy when I saw that James' creepy grinning face had been captured in marmart...



For the original, truly wonderful mamart site go here. I'm not a fan of squeezy marmite but some of the stuff here is quite special!

8 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Marmart! Brilliant!

Mr Blunt's face has been plastered all over the newspapers here the last few days as he is performing here shortly. I, of course, take every opportunity to Blunt-attack Eva with these images when she is at her most vulnerable. And a work colleague of Eva's evil father is going to the concert and Jerry is considering getting him to buy a t-shirt that he will give to our poor daughter.
Doesn't it suddenly seem very nice and serene at your mom's?

5:02 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

OMG, that is bloody priceless!!!
I think the line, "James Blunt is more irritating than traffic wardens, noisy neighbours and estate agents" is going to keep me laughing pretty much all weekend!!!

Marmate looks like nutella, except not as good because nutella is chocolate spread.

Hope your weekend remains blissful!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

they don't sell marmite here or I would decorate toast with it.
I hear it's not very good to eat though.

8:58 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

Sean LOOOOVEs the marmite! You can buy it in any grocery store in Vancouver :)

4:53 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Yeah, you can buy it in Calgary as well, although I have never noticed it being squeezable - not that I've looked that hard.

5:31 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

Ya, squeezable marmite made me giggle quite a bit. Sean doesn't eat his on toast, he eats it off the spoon right out of the jar. I can just picture him with the squeezy tubes, squeezing it right into his mouth hahaha!!! XD

9:20 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Hehehe! Blunt attacks - love 'em. Evil Jerry indeed.

Marmite is BETTER than nutella Allison. I loves it.

The thing is Barbara you either love it or hate it. I love it, Stu hates it. Give it a sniff - if you like how it smells you'll probably love it.

I looooove the marmite too. Gorgeous. In fact just reading the marmite article made me have to make toast Mel!

I must admit Barb I've never seen the squeezy stuff either. Maybe they just sell it in art stores.

I loves it but not sure I could take it straight up Mel :{

10:02 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Marmart LOL Whatever next?
Some people really do have too much time on their hands.

James Blunt = EWWW
But he's OK in Marmite I suppose :]

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home