Thursday, November 02, 2006

On the road again

Got my bike fixed, which set me back £67 for new wheel, new tyre, some gear things, and some mudguards. So the countdown to bits being stolen begins.

I've been crazy busy this week. I was in Weymouth at the beginning of the week as little old mum had radioablation on her heart for atrial fibrillation so me and Gemma went along to hold her hand and such like. They passed a probe up through a vein in the top of her leg, all the way up to her heart, then gave it a good zapping. Job done.



Consequently I feel like I've been playing catch-up all bloody week. And I had to go and pick Stu up from the airport on Tuesday night - he was coming back from Amsterdam having flown out on Sunday. When he got to the airport on Sunday the flight had been cancelled and he had a 9 hour wait!!!!! Sounds like he had a very good time though, not sure it's possible to go to Amsterdam and not have a good time.

Then Gemma came up to Bristol for a few days and we went to see a Bob Dylan tribute band 'Highway 61 Revisited' who, as I understand it, have a drummer who used to play with the man himself. Or something like that. He's a session musician for MTV unplugged too. And very good he was too. I have just been the busiest Kees in town.

4 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Whew! Time for a weekend with your feet up, maybe only venturing out for some karaoke.

I hope all is well with your mom now after her procedure.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Hope your mom is recovering well, and you get a chance to relax a bit this weekend.

8:29 PM  
Blogger karen said...

She's not doing too badly at all thanks Barb - and I have my feet well and truly up right now. What a FAB idea, gonna start warming my lungs up...

Frankly Allison she is loving the attention :)

3:32 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

I hope you are enjoying your weekend Kees, and that your mom is feeling better!

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home