Friday, October 13, 2006

Love is an arrow

I just went to get my hairs cut (nothing fancy, same as before) and they played this on the video music thing they have there. It's pretty bloody cute...



My hairdresser is funny. He looks like a lion with lots of gold hair and a beard and he loves fishing. He was telling me all about how waders can kill you. Even if you just fall over in chest-high water the waders immediately fill up with water and you become a dead weight. He did an impression of how he'd be found - tongue out pulling at the top of the waders. Lovely.

He also told me he nearly died the first time he wore waders as the water was deeper than he thought and he was clinging onto the end of a ladder with his arms while the rest of him was being dragged away by the current. His brother was trying, and failing, to pull him back but luckily a little old lady came by and together they pulled him out! He's not a small guy either. What a hero.

He was also talking about fishing competitions at 3am in long grass that gets covered by water. Apparently the ground is full of quite significant cracks and you've no idea where they are until you fall into one. They all wear little headlights and every so often one just suddenly disappears, followed by a lot of effing and jeffing. Who knew fishing could be so treacherous?

12 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I always knew there was a reason I didn't fish.
That was cute video!

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That video is so very upsetting! I was waiting for the happy ending... : {

...would be quite cool to live in an igloo for a bit though...

3:05 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

That video was waaay cute. I liked the song! Ah, aren't haircutting conversations just the BEST? I always have a great time at the hairdresser.

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute video, those characters remind me of the Pucca characters. I love the fact that the girl character is still wearing her fluffy coat in hot countries.

7:28 PM  
Blogger karen said...

I kind of fancy the sound of it Allison, bobbing around at 3am with a thermos of soup or something. But I'm pretty sure I'd last 5 minutes then go home. First time I fell down one of those cracks probably.

I know Anna! I was sat having my hair washed with a bit of inane grin on my face thinking 'aw how lovely'. The ending is rubbish.

I love going to the hairdressers Mel. We always have a good natter. And I LOVE having my hair messed with in any way at all.

Yeah they are like the Pucca characters River. So cute!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

The characters in that video were adorable!

I'm not letting Jerry go fly-fishing anymore - that does it! Actually he is very careful and does not go in past the level of his waders. Nor does he fish in the dark.

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read an artical very recently about 1 or maybe 2 people who died because they fell and their waders filled up. Are you still a badger?

11:05 AM  
Blogger karen said...

You should with him Barb, I think it sounds a bit romantic in a funny kind of a way!

Mum - artical? Really? You are usually such a spelling wizz what's happened? You and gemma been on the sauce again? The whole waders thing is pretty horrific.

I am still a badger yes, I thought maybe he'd chop all the blonde out, but it's still there because the colourist is a genius - because she hid a lot of it underneath every time I get a cut even though some is chopped off, a bit more is revealed. Magic xx

11:59 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Awwww that ending sucks! Love.....

11:32 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Ssshhh Ben, don't go blowing my cover.

It won't last Barbara! She can't keep that coat on forever, I bet she'll be home soon.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Ah, you get video when you have your hair cut? No fair! x

9:14 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Yes I do. And coffee too. Get me eh?

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home