Monday, November 06, 2006

Easy like one of them Sunday mornings...

As Sundays go yesterday was pretty bloody nice. Slobbed about in bed until finally dragging myself up around 10am, read the paper, then went out for a carvery for lunch. We went to a pub in the village where ma and pa live. It was glorious. The plates were HUGE, the beef was perfect. I nearly killed myself by eating too much but what a way to go. THEN I had a Belgian white chocolate cheesecake. God it was good.

Then on the drive back to Bristol we saw this spectacular sunset so Stu took some beeoootiful pics....







Oh yeah and it was Guy Fawke's night too so we had a light show all the way up the M5, fireworks going off all over the place. Not bad for a usually fairly dull and awful drive along one of the most boring roads in the country.

Once home I curled up in front of CSI with a hot chocolate. Divine.

11 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Those pictures are glorious!!!
Nothing like having a lazy sunday eh?

2:08 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Amazing colours in those photos! Sunday was made for exactly those purposes, I think. It's a pity we always seem to overfill them with stuff. Good job, you!

7:02 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

Wow, gorgeous! Thanks for posting those. Im drooling over the food, and I havent had breakfast yet :)

CSI and hot chocolate sounds like a great sunday evening to me. Did you like CSI, CSI Miami or CSI NY the best? I like the original. Grisam is my pretend boyfriend :)

7:36 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

It was sunsetorama last night...
Go to Stu's blog (first one in my blogroll) and your included in the sunset collection! x

8:18 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Lucky you - what a lovely day. Ben explained to me the meaning behind Guy Fawkes night ... I love me some fireworks.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Oh, and great photos :)!

4:33 PM  
Blogger karen said...

I love lazy Sundays Allison, I don't have enough :(

Thank you Barb, I am very proud of my slobbing abilities.

I like my CSI in that exact order Mel, original, then Miami, then NY. NY doesn't really have much of a sense of humour about it although Gary Sinese is pretty good. Grisam is my hero :)

Dogga Stu's pics are absolutely stunning! Really really really very good.

Thanks Will!

7:24 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

I like them in that order too Kees! Gary Sinese's humour usually falls flat on it's face, but it's an interesting show. I always get TV schedule mixed up. I think House is on tonight *jumping up and down*

8:49 PM  
Blogger phlegmfatale said...

nothing wrong with slobbing about. Sounds like a lovely weekend.

2:04 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Even though you were bursting you still managed to find a smidge of room for the cheesecake LOL

1:37 PM  
Blogger karen said...

I know what you mean Mel! And House is BRILLIANT :)

Hi phlegmfatale! Yeah it was luscious.

Ben there's ALWAYS room for cheesecake

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home