Thursday, July 27, 2006

THAT'S a knife!

From BBC news...

An 80-year-old woman pulled a 'Crocodile Dundee' when she confronted a burglar, telling him: "You call that a knife - this is a knife"

Winifred Whelan, from Liverpool, awoke to find a man standing by her bed with a 10in (25cm) knife, demanding money

Ms Whelan, who weighs 8st (50kg), sprang into action after two men broke into her home in Walton in the early hours of the morning...

"He had a 10 inch knife so I pointed my knife at his belly and said to him, 'You call that a knife, this is a knife'"





Go old lady go!

7 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Right on, Winnifred! She's my hero.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

LOL. Its good to know that others also use that line!

6:45 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Hahaha, I love Crocodile Dundee and remember that line well... *cough* well I did when I was a kid! :]

9:22 AM  
Blogger karen said...

Barbara: I know! God love her! I hope if I ever get attacked I have the presence of mind to fire an amusing quote at the guy before dispatching him

Allison: Hehehehehe! Especially 80 year old women!

Dogga: Yeah it's SUCH a good film, one of the greatest love stories of the modern age - well that's what I thought when I was a kid anyway ;D

11:11 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Hey that feisty old ladies last name is a version of my last name I claim her as related. Go Grandma!
You can't beat the whelan clan!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

LOL, now this is where boys and girls differ. I just remember some cool dude with knives and stuff pulling off so bodatious moves in the city!!!
Love??? Were there any girls in the film? :-)))))

9:53 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Hi barbara! Eeks 2 barbaras! How cool - go Whelans!

Yeah yeah yeah, what-ever Dogga, I believe you thousands wouldn't ;D

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home