Saturday, September 23, 2006

Meet the Kees

Barbara posted about a google game where you type in your name + "needs". So I dutifully typed in "Kees needs". Some of the best...

"Kees needs to make the paint accede to his own creed of randomly thrown tone" eh?

"Kees needs $69 million"

"Kees needs some lessons from Larry"

"Kees needs nappies"

All good, but by far my favourite was "Kees needs grooming, not a lot, but at least 3 times a week"

I've always been called Kees by my family and no one can really remember why. We think it started at a party at which there was a really weird freaky geeky girl called Carisse. So naturally my family started calling me Carisse and it evolved from that, as these things do. But turns out...Kees is a dog! There is a breed of dog called the Keeshond which breeders shorten to 'the Kees'.




Apparently "When a Kees needs a home they'll get one". 'Keestalk.net' explains that many humans do not understand a Kees' needs and suggests increasing food for an unhappy Kees. The Kees also needs much less structured exercise and a good brushing at least once a week. One site, helpfully, even has a guide to Kees' expressions...



Brilliant.

12 Comments:

Blogger mellowlee said...

Oh that is so excellent! haha! I laughed out loud when I read "that many humans do not understand a Kees' needs and suggests increasing food for an unhappy Kees." Teehee! knee slapper!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Yeah, what Mel said! Hahahaha!

I especially love the Kees expression chart - that is drop dead brilliant. In fact, I'm pretty sure I have seen you with that querying expression on your furry little face before.

But here's a true story about Keeshounds. Friends had one who was so emotionally dependent upon them that when they left her in a kennel for a few days, she chewed all the fur off her tail. And they have good sized tails.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

That was brillant!!! The chart..lol...I especially like the
"deep thoughts", who knew a tilted head could produce so much laughter.

Barb's story, is so sad. But I'll admit, I laughed for a second, but it was more of a laugh/cry...yes, I'm a horrible person.

11:36 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Knee slapper is right Mellowlee! It's all so accurate too. Increased food is ALWAYS the solution to an unhappy Kees.

Yeah the expression chart is pretty special Barbara, I think I might print a few off and give them out to all my friends. Everyone will always know just what I'm thinking. Yikes chewed all the fur off her tail. Poor devil. I get fairly emotionally dependent but so far haven't chewed any fur off any bit of me :{

Yeah I know what you mean Allison, it's the "And they have good sized tails" bit that does it. We're bad people.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

LOL, that made me chuckle!
WTF is with the expressions picture? I mean I love dogs, but that is something 'special' I bet they wipe it's bottom too :]

I must do this myself... *dogga makes note to self, to steal Kees's blog entry*

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious! : )

7:46 AM  
Blogger Will said...

I'm not sure whether to congratulate or commiserate on you being nicknamed after a breed of dog..LOL

2:03 PM  
Blogger Will said...

OMG ... I have to play that game. As one who (shamefully/unshamefully) likes to Google themselves, I'll have to give it a go.

6:22 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Yeah the expressions pics are special alright Dogga. 'Deep thoughts' is my favourite I think.

Thought you'd like it Anna - though as you well know by and large my expressions are pretty clear!!! Me and my hateful face!!

Well Ben I'm well and truly a cat person so I'd say commiserate BUT they are some pretty snazzy dogs - check out the tails!

Do it Will! But make sure you post the results.

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The keeshound is actually the national dog of the Netherlands and looks very much like a smaller version of the Japanese Samoyed. So there you go. Need you anal glands emptying Kees?

12:52 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Aw thanks for the offer but why don't we just skip the formalities and go for the massive overdose, put me out of my misery. It's the kindest thing.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Hil said...

I'm sure you'll be thrilled to learn that 'Hil needs a control interface identified'.

There are things I need that I don't even understand.

Hope all's well, Karen my dear. I'd send you an email but I'm too lazy.

Big kisses,

Hilbo

PS obv this is only funny to me but http://www.frost.com/prod/servlet/market-insight-top.pag?docid=40323441

PPS - should I get my own blog and leave yours alone, K?

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home