Saturday, September 09, 2006

Posh Nosh

I'm still behind with blogging about all the birthday shenanigans. Monday was ma and pa's actual birthday and we went for lunch at by far the poshest place I have ever eaten. One of the starters was 'cod and chips' which I ordered primarily to see what it looked like. I was not disappointed...



I loved it. It's hilarious. The green stuff is 'pea puree'...mushy peas!!!! Genius. Dad and Gemma had a salad that was garnished with pansy flowers - I don't know what I expected them to taste like but they were just like lettuce only much prettier. Then I had calves liver (sorry Allison!) which was beeeooootiful. Never had it before but it was GOOD. After lunch we retired to the drawing room for coffee and chocolates (pretty typical Monday lunch break really).



After thoroughly stuffing ourselves we wobbled off home and lay in food comas until it came time to order pizza, drink fizz and play with the best birthday present ever....Buzz!!! Courtesy of me and Stu. We played it the other week at Andy and Mandy's and it's a lot of music quiz goodness. As birthdays go, not too shabby.

Here, a belated extra present for dearest mum and a treat for everyone else's ears and eyes...

8 Comments:

Blogger mellowlee said...

That food looks too pretty to eat :) It sure doesn't look like any fish and chips I've ever eaten heehee! I always heard that it's all in the presentation. :) I used to watch the Monkey's tv show all the time. I loved it so much :) I think they showed it on Nickelodeon back in the days when my grandparents had sattelite tv that actually worked.
Im glad you had such a great time!

12:27 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

My gosh, no wonder its taken you so long to post everything, far too much for just one post :)
I'm with Mel, food looks so pretty (Calves liver excluded ;P). Glad you had fun!
I looked at your Buzz link, and I think sounds like the best game EVER!!! I need to find me one :) That sounds like an excellent birthday game.

2:41 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Oh spank that tambourine, you bad boy! hahaha the Monkees! They still kill me.

Your lunch looked divine and ever so posh, but did they really only serve you 4 chips? No wonder you needed pizza after!

2:50 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Fish and chips art. Cool!
Better than wrapped in a newspaper.
The Monkees song I could not watch all the way through... My budgie birds got way to excited by it. Me, I was not excited by it.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Yay for posh restaurants ... that sounds real cool and looks delightful. Can't wait to hear more birthday shenanigans...

4:37 PM  
Blogger karen said...

You're not wrong mellowlee, not like any fish and chips I'd ever eaten either!

Allison Buzz IS the best game ever, go get it NOW, you won't regret it (I sound like a Buzz salesperson don't I?)

Only 4 chips Barbara but then a massive amount of mash with my liver so I was ready to pop. I really didn't need the pizza but if it's put in front of you what you gonna do?

Hehehe! Your budgies rule Barbara W.

More birthday happenings on their way, we're very nearly done now.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

loving the cod and chips there... Genius!
Buzz rules, but don't forget who whipped your ass in the last round there miss Kessiedee!!! :]

8:54 AM  
Blogger karen said...

I really don't know what you mean Mr Dogga ;)

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home