Friday, September 15, 2006

It's Friday!!!

I've been in a really good mood this week despite rather a few crap things happening. Such as being framed for criminal damage. The vet, being impatient to the point of psychosis, couldn't wait for me to get the key to the chain across the car park and decided to bust it apart snapping one of the links clean in half. Just at that moment the department director of resource and planning came round the corner. So the vet pointed and said "she did it!". I protested, loudly, but the damage had been done. Next day I was well established as the culprit, "The little pink car was the last one in the car park, and when it had gone the chain was broken, that's all I'll say" said the building services guy. All the vet will say is that I drove through the chain in a moment of car park rage. Can you bloody believe it? Cheeky sod. And I've been busy as hell. But I'm still in a good mood. Here are some things that are pleasing me at the moment.

I was just going to post the song as the quality is not great on this BUT check out the drummer's beard!!!


And I know it's pretty tragic that a car advert pleases me so but it does and I'm not ashamed to say it...

13 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

That drummer is one hairy hairy man. Very catchy tune, though, almost as catchy as the car ad.

Now, this vet is a friend of yours? He needs a smack, I think.

12:13 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

You are your beards ;P

That car ad tune was very catchy, I won't litter this post with my feelings on advertising, but I am going to send that link to my prof, we're always looking for international car adverts, and the fact that that one had flying cars...well that fits the bill. So thank-you for the link :)

1:52 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

I reckon in a few more days, with some added TLC I could be on par with that there drummer!

12:49 AM  
Blogger karen said...

Yeah Barbara he does need a smack! He is a very good friend of mine - he thinks the whole thing is hilarious. I'll set you on him - office depot then hateful vets...don't mess!

Interesting Allison, I love a good car advert myself. You want I e-mail you with some more?

Ace Dogga! Beards rule :D

11:48 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

I would love any links you have, drop me a line at
poet93@hotmail.com
Also, I had a question about a UK grad school I wanted to ask you :)

6:57 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

Ohmygawd, the beard is quite straggly isn't it? *Smacks the vet for you*
That car ad was so cute!!! :)

5:18 AM  
Blogger karen said...

Allison - you've got mail

Yay Mellowlee! I love all this smacking of the vet!!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Kees, thanks! So ads were great, especially the Impossible Dream one, with the hot air balloon at the end! So good, I could feel my blood boiling ;P
And now, you've got mail!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Will said...

that ad is awesome ... AWESOME.

3:32 AM  
Blogger karen said...

Allison mail received, read and understood. Compiling my thoughts for you...

Will I know it makes me happy every time I see it.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Commercials are the new avant garde ... so says I.

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To clear a few things up, I admit that I did break the chain. However, because I have the strength of ten men it just 'dissolved' in my hands. It was only natural to frame Karen, because she is 2 years older than me and so has less to contribute to society.

11:28 AM  
Blogger karen said...

Well if you says it Will it must be true!

The funniest thing is that because everyone thinks I did it, they're all being really nice about it. Whereas if they actually knew it was you they'd make you pay given the vast amounts of equipment you've already destroyed.

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home