Tuesday, September 12, 2006

And relax.

Oh good lord, we're so nearly there. Only got Tuesday and Wednesday to talk about now then mum's birthday is officially over for another year. I'll make it quick. Tuesday we went shopping. I have no money but also no will power. I ended up buying a pair of black leather knee-high boots. I already have two pairs of knee-high boots. I didn't have a black pair. I do now. The thing was they were from Whistles and originally £160 but they were reduced to......£29.99!!!!! I mean, it would have been rude not to. And the leather is SO soft. And the zip goes up the back, not up the side. Controversial eh? I love them but I won't be able to afford to eat all week. Ah well, a small price to pay.

As if that wasn't indulgence enough Wednesday was Spa Day. It was absolute bliss. We had the whole place to ourselves - a heated pool, jacuzzi, sauna and gym, back neck and shoulder massage, foot massage, Spa lunch, Indian head massage, and afternoon tea with little sandwiches and loads of cake. The lunch and the afternoon tea was served at a little table by the pool. We sat there all massaged-up in our robes and our fluffy white slippers and debated whether we'd get bored if we lived like this. I reckoned I could probably put up with it as long as I had little jobs to do in between and as long as I could still cook. Not sure why but the cooking seemed important.

Treatment room - look closely and you can see the iPod charger set into the wall...


Pool with big glass ball

11 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Beyond jealous at your spa day, the place looks so beautiful!! Glad you all had fun. I was never really on the spa train until recently, a friend got me one for my birthday, and now I'm a total convert.
Congrats on the boot sale :) I find boots too constricting, but I can appreciate a good deal. Microwave dinners for you this week? ;P

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds heavenly.

Boots sound like a brilliant bargain buy, an essential Autumn-is-coming purchase. (I can recommend pasta + tin of chopped toms + any and all of the herbs/spices you can find in your kitchen + cheese on top to make a surprisingly tasty and economical meal!)

8:47 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Well you flash little devil you. That all looks fab. Hope a great pampered time was had!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

That does look divine! I have never done the spa thing, I do get regular pedicures, but I look at them as a maintenance thing, not a luxury (and I am always rushing to get out of there!)

"it would have been rude not to get the boots" -hahaha

4:46 PM  
Blogger karen said...

The place was GORGEOUS. I'd never been to a spa before but yep, total convert too. It was heavenly. You'd like these boots I bet, they're that soft they're not constricting at all. So comfy. But I don't have a microwave! Beans on toast for me :D

Anna you can always be relied on to make me feel better about my purchases. Pasta is a wise move indeed, it's like being at uni again! Aw I miss uni. Maybe I'll have risotto...

You knows it Dogga, dead flash me. Yep, well and truly pampered, it was ace.

Do the spa thing! I didn't think it would be that amazing...but it was. Three different massages and the rest of the time slobbing about, swimming, or eating.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

The spa sounds great. I am green with envy. I better go wash that off.

I wish I had knee high boot... I am not even sure I remembered to pack my boots. I think I need to go shopping now...

10:11 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Barbara I'd donate you my knee-high boots but they're mine all mine mwahahahaha

Yikes Ben! Good view from up there?

1:05 PM  
Blogger Will said...

First off, no money and no willpower seems like a common problem. It's nice to know that when birthday time rolls around, you do it to the nines. That's cool.

4:56 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

Oh wow! Sounds like a perfectly blissed out day!!! I love shoulder/neck/upperback massage! I SO WANT those boots! they sound amazing!!!

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps we could see a pic of the beautiful boots...? x

9:00 AM  
Blogger karen said...

Mother absolutely insists on making the most amount of fuss possible for her birthday Will - and it only gets worse with age.

You would want them mellowlee they are bootiful!

Don't see why not anna, give me a few moments. I'll show you the posh box they came in too...

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home