Thursday, July 27, 2006

Snap Crackle and Pop

AAAaaaaaaahhhhhhh. Well get me, I've just come back from my second ever massage and it was bloody great. I had my first one a couple weeks ago and I nearly leapt off the table it was so painful. Who knew I was so full of knots and such like? I'm so crunchy! She worked out a load of huge knots, just sort of wiggling them around until they started to go. And the noises! The scrunching and popping is really pretty alarming.

But today it was SO much better. There were still quite a few crunchy bits going on in my neck and shoulders, actually a couple of massive boulders too, but it was nowhere near as painful. It's actually really pretty weird because I can feel her pushing all these little things around, the size of pebbles, and it's not exactly comfortable but it's a very satisfying sensation. With all this going on it doesn't seem like it can be relaxing in any way at all but I swear I looked like some sort of Moomin when I came out. My eyes were like saucers and I felt like I was dreaming. I'm really not sure I was fit to drive home.

And it has done something good to tiny mind. I've had a real block about the thesis chapter I'm trying to get somewhere near finishing and I came straight home and bashed a load out. Incredible. Time for a shower now though. The oil she used smells great but I'm one greasy little monkey so better sort that before I sit on the sofa or I'll just slip right off...

7 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I was cringing as you described your massage, as it sounded decidedly uncomfortable. (I've never had one) But obviously it unblocked something! Good job! Enjoy that shower!

10:55 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Oh, I need a massage too...but its so expensive, and I know it'd be painful at first for me too. I can actually feel the balls of tension in my shoulders. But its good to hear that it gets better.
Congrats on getting through a chapter on your thesis!

6:44 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Oooh, massage yeah! The last time I had one was in Finland earlier this year and it was performed by a rather sweet Finnish girl. ;->

They are amazingly painful yes, but satisfying and my massuer found a place on my back and told me that I had done my back in about there. She was right too, I did about 3 years ago... Amazing!
I've tried to find somewhere local for massage, but had no luck, Grrr. ;[

You felt like a Moomin Troll - LOL, OK, you are not right Kees... Not right at all! :]

9:30 AM  
Blogger bronxbt said...

ummmm. am i the only one wondering how mr hippo here breathes?

it's kinda freakin' me out.


k - i'm done over here.

B

6:45 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Barbara: Yeah given your bad back at the mo maybe it's not a good idea!

Allison: Expense is the reason I've not had one before but it is SO worth it. DO it!

Dogga: Sweet Finnish girl? Nice. My lady is a bright orange bristolian with yellow hair but she's a real sweetie. Handy with her thumbs too :)

B: ?

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you didn't bash it out over the mink sofa covers, they are a real pain to clean.

7:14 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Hello Vet. Hope you're enjoying your weekend - worry not the sofas are just fine. Driver's seat of the starlet is another matter...:D

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home