Monday, September 25, 2006

The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret

Last week was a busy busy week. Here are some things I did last week when I wasn't working my behind off.

We watched 'Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room'. Not that smart really. Seemed to me they didn't do anything that anyone else wouldn't have thought of, but most other people wouldn't have the nerve and would say something like, "obviously we could...but we won't because it's illegal/stupid/rude/ethically very dubious/doomed to failure". Worth watching just so you can tut and shake your head all smug like.

And my old flatmate came to stay and I haven't seen him for 3 years!!! I lived with him at uni (with Anna too) for 3 years, then he moved in with Stu for a year so we were both pretty chuffed to see him. Clever sod had just handed in his PhD thesis. We went for curry, drank some beers and played James Bond on the X-Box. It was GREAT, I wasn't sure if it would be a bit awkward but it was just like we'd seen him yesterday. It was ace. I hope we don't leave it another 3 years.

Also Stu started a new job!!! They've given him the most exciting laptop I've ever seen. It's got a thumbprint recognition thingy. Lucky bugger. I had a fight on my hands trying to get a new lab book off the witch that guards the department stationary.

We also went to open mic night in the pub, which I love but I was busy making lamb curry so we got there late and only heard the last song. It was worth it though...an acoustic cover of this excellent song by Queens of the Stone Age...


Upload music at Bolt.

9 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I thnk an acoustic version of that would sound pretty great. Lamb curry also sounds pretty wonderful right about now.

5:53 AM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

Wow, sounds like you had a great week! Lamb curry MMMMMMMMMMM! My partner Sean would LOVE that! He makes the best chicken curry and the best roast lamb leg, so I bet the two combined would be fabulous! Please email me your recipe! Pretty please!
mellowlee@gmail.com
That song was great. Do you have pics of the laptop? New toys are so cool, even if they are work related :)

7:52 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Stu cam into work looking rather proud of himself the other morning and he informed me how well he'd done on X-box.
Was he lying here Kees?
Lamb curry rox :]

10:21 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Sounds like an excellent night.
I feel odd not commenting on the lamb curry...lol. Glad you enjoyed it.
My old roomie had one of those finger-print laptops, I think it was an IBM. Very posh.

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum yum, lamb curry - I love a lamb rogan josh myself...did you have it with our good old onion relish from student days? Sounds like a fun and productive week all round : )

6:12 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Yeah it was REALLY good actually Barbara, shame I don't have a copy of it to post.

It's highly spiced but not hot, it's got cinnamon and cloves in it and it's YUM. It's a Madhur Jaffrey recipe. I'll mail you the beef one I did the other day too Mel. If I can get the laptop away from Stu for long enough I will indeed post pics!

Sadly it's all true Dogga, he is infuriatingly good. And really smug about it too. Not exactly gracious in victory!

Hehehe! Well you DID comment on it now so don't feel left out Allison!!

Anna I didn't but I bloody should have. I haven't made that...well since uni!! Well reminded :D

9:35 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

excellent! Thank you Kees :)

8:59 AM  
Blogger Will said...

thumb recognition ... geez. I really liked the Enron movie. Flowed like a mystery.

10:37 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Mel I am a lazy slug. I'm doing it tonight for sure!

Yeah the Enron film was great, really well done. I bet the book's good.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home