Monday, December 04, 2006

Well you can't have everything. Turns out the price for appearing in a Nick Cave video is that you lose your mobile phone on the way home then your boiler breaks so you have no heating or hot water all weekend. I had to make a million phone calls to sort out my mobile (the nice insurance people are sending me a new one) and I had to listen to Stu make a million phone calls to the gas people. They turned up on Saturday afternoon and when they couldn't find a parking space IMMEDIATELY they turned round and went home. But they didn't tell us this, oh no. They left us waiting and shivering. Idiots.

I'll just post this then that's it for the Nick Cave waffle I promise. One of my favourite Nick Cave tracks - best use of a glockenspiel (or whatever it is) ever

Come Into My Sleep

7 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Everyone seems to be having trouble with heat this week. Is it sorted out now? Hope so.

So I guess it pays to get insurance on your mobile? Its my only phone, and I don't have anyones numbers written down, I'd surely be lost. At least they're sending you a new one.

When's the vid going to be out?

9:07 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Heating all sorted now thank you. Yeah definitely worth the insurance - they've been great about it. I lost it in the early hours of Friday morning so I thought it would be a nightmare trying to sort it over the weekend but aside from lots of phone calls (ultimately my fault for losing the thing in the first place) it was fine. I think the video will be out in a couple of weeks! Nervous!

9:23 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

I think repair guys can be just evil evil evil. Sorry about the phone. I just read your next post, thankfully you have your new one :) I hope you get all your phone numbers again soon!
When the video comes out I think we should all post it on our blogs!!! Heeeeeeeeeee

1:19 AM  
Blogger phlegmfatale said...

OH, you don't HAVE the old SIM card, do you. I need to start reading blogs in chronological order! *L*

Nick Cave video? Totally worth losing a cell phone to be in. A girlfriend of mine will be green with envy when I tell her. Keep us posted on details, please! I loved him in Wings of Desire, love that music.

5:49 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

I still haven't found your phone Kees. Maybe it went walkies in the tube or services? Bummer...
Stu told me about the boiler sketch, how grrr is that! :[]

10:24 AM  
Blogger karen said...

I may have to preview it first Mel - I might end up on the cutting room floor in which case post away!

PF I have been very much in love with Mr Cave for many years - isn't he great? I will certainly keep you posted - I will be talking about it FOR EVER until I make everyone's ears bleed.

I think I had it in the services Dogga, so yeah I reckon it's probably there. I rang them and they were VERY helpful. Not. Got a new one now so I'm not bovvered (apart from all the numbers I've lost)

7:50 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

It's never just one thing that goes awry is it? Arggh! Glad the phone is sorted out (well except for the lost phone numbers fiasco) and hope you maintain your heat.

Pumped for the Nick Cave video I am!

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home